PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS? These terms tell you the rules for using this website www.thestudentenergyproject.com (referred to as “the website”).
Detailed below are the key areas of these terms and conditions:
· Who we are and how to contact us.
· PrivacyPolicy: Amber Energy Solutions Limited is registered as a data controller with the ICO and the policy statement appears at https://www.amberenergy.net/privacy-and-cookies
· We may make changes to our terms and conditions
· Our site is only for users in the UK and is subject to the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of, or in connection with, the terms and conditions of use of this Website.
· Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
This site www.thestudentenergyproject.com is a site operated by [the Student Energy Project “TSEP”] on behalf of Amber Energy Solutions Limited (“AESL”). AESL are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 04466445 06968134 whose registered office is at 1 Central Square, Cardiff, Wales CF10 1FS (referred to as “We”).
ABOUT THIS PROJECT “TSEP”
TSEP was approached by AESL with the objective of collecting data on student energy consumption and to reward users for improving their personal CO2 Footprint. Our platform allows students to participate by registering and downloading the TSEP mobile app and link their account to their student hall of residence. The app algorithms collect data from the student hall of residence block energy meters, and this is normalised against degree days, weather factors, cross referencing with historical energy use for previous occupants. This data is stored in a MongoDB database found at https://www.mongodb.com/, [where the data is kept securely for TSEP to access and process it.] This student is able to access their accommodation’s energy usage and data relating to it, to become more aware and try to reduce their energy use. The data is collected and processed from individual students who have signed up but it is anonymised and aggregated into groups of occupants for each block of a hall of residence. At the end of the academic year the energy use for the year is compared and evaluated against the accommodation provider’s energy use budget. If energy savings have been made TSEP rewards the student savings by making either a donation through our not-to-profit Power 2 Africa or by planting [one tree per 12pence of savings]. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE OR TRANSFER IT TO SOMEONE ELSE
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
OUR SITE IS ONLY FOR USERS WHO ARE STUDENTS
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations. The law of England and Wales applies to this website and our terms and conditions of use and any dispute arising out of, or in connection with, this website or the terms and conditions of use shall be decided by the courts of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
· We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
· Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.